Saturday, December 24, 2011

Birchbox #1

Happy Christmas Eve! Well, those who know me know that I haven't been that much of a festive person this season given that January 1st will mark the one year anniversary of my dad's unexpected passing. But we finally put finishing touches on the tree this morning...instead of going with our usual array of ornaments of all sorts, we used all of my dad's collectible wolf ornaments and in the middle hangs a special ornament with my dad's picture etched onto glass, so that's pretty special in my book. I also went full force on the wrapping of this gifts this morning! I am really into black and white wrapping paper this year with colorful bows! The husband I and also spent most of the morning cleaning out our closet and drawers and getting all things laundry related situated. I also want to try and make some cake balls before dinner! The time has flown by this morning, and my sore back is in desperate need of a massage...sleeping uncomfortably and then sitting on the floor for a few hours doesn't help...but Christmas. Let's not get the reason for the season that a lot of us mask with bows and garland and glitter...it's to celebrate the birth of the rockin' baby Jesus! So, please, take the time to remember that and spend time with your loved ones all at the same time. Yay!


Point of this blog: I have always heard about Birchbox and seen countless YouTube videos on it and finally I signed up for it last month, so my first box was the December box I received a few weeks ago. Basically, if you don't know what it is, it's a monthly service that sends you a little box of the latest product samples, and it's pretty rad. (visit http://www.birchbox.com/ for all the details). So, I got my first box and already found some little gems I looooove!

This is how the box arrived at my door! Even the outer packaging is super cute!





What the actual Birchbox looks like.

So when you open the actual box there's a little "greeting" note that also tells you about all the samples you'll find inside.
Greeting note inside: "Frolic & Fancy"...cute!

So, here's what was in this month's box!!


  • a sample of the Harvey Prince fragrance "Yogini"...it has a scent mix of sandalwood, Egyptian myrrh and grapefruit...the sweetness of the grapefruit really balances out the darker scents. I actually really like the way this smelled and am totally considering buying the full-size bottle.
  • Jouer's moisturizing lip gloss in Birchbox Pink...Birchbox actually joined forces with Jouer to create this signature pink shade, which is so pretty on!
  • L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil...a lightweight oil that is meant to boost shine and tame frizz.
  • Befine's Gentle Cleanser...a face cleaner made with sugar, rice, and oat extracts to hydrate your skin, especially during these winter months.
  • Prep ShowStoppers...double sided fasion tape.
  • Recharge EBoost...an orange flavored natural energy booster packet that you can add to your water.
So that was this month and I'm already curious to see what January's box holds! If you are into trying new things in the world of beauty this is definitely something you want to check out and consider signing up for. You also earn points with the company that can be used to get even more goodies.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday! God bless.
XO,
J.


No comments:

Post a Comment