Monday, October 15, 2012

Birchbox: Transformations

     My October Birchbox came in the mail today!! (also packages from eBay and Urban Decay, so yeah buddy)...I was good about posting my first impressions on the September box last month, so I figured why not post on the same day again! There's lots of exciting stuff coming up, exciting to me anyway, so I want to make sure I start managing the blog more regularly; make sure to subscribe to this blog to be updated! Let's see, I've had Birchbox for about a year, if not already a year now, and there's only been one or two boxes I wasn't amazingly thrilled by. At first I thought this box was going to be less than ideal, but 2 little products salvaged those thoughts so I will label October's box as a winner!

Box contents.

*Lucy B Pink Frangipani & Wild Jasmine Roll-On Perfume Oils ...These perfume oils are made from the essences of Australian flowers, and you can wear them separately or blend them together.  I haven't tried them yet since I'm already scented up for the day, but I used to work in a custom scent shop and I remember liking the way frangipani smelled when blended with other aromatics.
*Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel ...I've heard of this brand but I've never actually tried it. This is actually a frizz fighting gel to keep hair manageable. You put in on your hair while it's damp, and it enhances hair's natural texture. I don't have lots of frizz problems, just the occasional day or two, but this problem made me think of my mom since we try several different products when I do her tri-weekly blowouts and style, so I'm thinking I might try this out and update later.
theBalm cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer ...I had a total MUA OMG (Makeup Artist's Oh-My-Gaw) moment when I saw this. First, I have seen and heard amazing things about this makeup line and have been wanting to get my hands on it for sometime. Now I finally have my chance with this 3-in-1 highlighter, shadow and all-over shimmer. I'm already in love with the champagne shade (I should have swatched this!). Plus, look at the packaging, it's adorable! All of their packaging is amazing and I can't wait to try and write about more from this line!

theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer.
*Vivita Pro: Vitamins A15 and C10 ...These are little capsules you twist open and smooth over your face and neck. The concentrated Vitamin C brightens your skin tone and the Vitamin A refines your pores. I will be trying these because I think my skin needs a little extra dose of something to keep it healthy and radiant during this shift into cooler weather.
*LUNA Protein bar: Chocolate Peanut Butter ...this was actually the other redeeming quality of the box at first glance, before reading into the other products. I love LUNA bars, and I was hungry when I opened this up this morning so it was a good on-the-spot snack fix. The flavor was yummy, I can vouch for that right now, and I recommend LUNA bars 100%. SN: you can usually get a good deal on boxes at Target!

Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather, aside from sinuses and dry skin/hair. I'm looking forward to getting my new hair extensions this week and Melting Pot on Saturday with my husband to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. Right now, CSI is on and Nick Stokes (played by George Eades) is calling my name!
XOXO,
J.


No comments:

Post a Comment