Thursday, December 27, 2012

Birchbox: All Wrapped Up

          I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas, happy holidays, and just a great time of merriment in general. We had a very laid back holiday season, which I am beyond totally fine with, as the holidays for the past 2 years have been a little difficult without my dad. But New Year's is around the corner (an especially hard time for me), and I want to embrace all the goodness and possibility that this time of year means. So, doing my best to put my pessimistic tendencies aside and moving forward. Birchbox!! December's BB was a nice little holiday treat, so let's just go ahead and talk about that shall we!!


The Contents:
*Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream...so by now we all know about BB creams, but this is a newer product seen about, the CC cream. This one by Juice Beauty, a fave brand of mine now, improves skin tone with Vitamin C and grape-derived resveratrol. The CC stands for Color Control, and the full size product runs about $40.
*ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss...I have heard about ModelCo before, but had never tried it before; so to get a full size gloss, in the berry shade, in my box was pretty sweet. I immediately tried it on, and not only does it look really pretty by itself, it looks really pretty paired with your favorite lipcolor. It's also not a highly sticky gloss, which is always a plus for me.
*Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Advanced Volume Shampoo...As a stylist I love to try to new hair products so I can help out with recommendations and whatnot to clients, but at the same time I'm also skeptical of new products, go figure. This volume shampoo by Nick Chavez uses hyaluronic acid and keratin to build body and add shine. Now, keratin is amaze for your hair, I can't say enough good things about it...as for the hyaluronic acid, yeah, I don't know much about that, so perhaps a little investigation is in order. I also do not believe this is a color-safe shampoo, so fact checking is certainly in order.
*Nicole Richie Fragrances: Nicole by Nicole Richie...Now I have an abundance of perfume/fragrance samples, it's almost a little ridiculous. To be honest, most of them get thrown into a box and never see the light of day. But I went ahead and tried this one as soon as I opened it since one of the fragrance notes was amber, which I love in a fragrance I wear. The perfume itself is a blend of amber, rose and vanilla. I loved it. I would actually buy the full size bottle, they retail between $20-$69...potential birthday gift, **hint hint**
*La Fresh Eco-Beauty Healthy Hand Sanitizer...these are actually sanitizer wipes that contain aloe and vitamin E to help moisturize while they sanitize. I like the idea of sanitizer wipes like this because you can throw them in your purse and not worry about them potentially leaking like the little bottles sometimes do. A pack of 30 wipes is just $6.99.

There you have it! There were definitely some little gems this month...products I'm both interested in buying and trying. If you got a buzz-worthy product/item as a gift this Christmas share in the comments below!!

XO,
J.


No comments:

Post a Comment