Thursday, September 12, 2013

Birchbox: Finishing School

     It really is no secret that I have been anything but friends with technology lately. I still can't figure out how to upload pictures from my new phone to my blog posts, my new camera takes rad pictures but I have no clue where the cord is to connect to the computer, and my old point and shoot camera keeps acting up and despite having the warranty, Best Buy is not being too helpful in getting it replaced. However, I can load to Facebook, so if you visit my business page (Pretty & Clever by Jacqueline Clark) there are pics from the AUGUST Birchbox there, along with a lipstick swatch. I'll get it all together soon and hopefully for the September BB (which I got in the mail yesterday) I will be back on track. So, regardless, here is the breakdown for the August Box.

Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation
This is sitting right on my makeup table ready to try. Several shade samples were included too. It's a lightweight foundation that is supposed to have a sulky texture to brighten, perfect and soothe the skin with ejitsu rose. So, obviously there are some natural ingredients in this, but rose is one of those that, for me, is really hit or miss when added to products. This Becca foundation is also supposed to be buildable, which is good if there are days you need a more full coverage application. Full size retails for $42, so as far as foundations go this is on the higher end price point wise.

ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick
I really don't have anything bad to say about ModelCo. I like their lipgloss, even though it is sticky compared to others I use, and their mascara is actually pretty good for getting that ultimate combination of length and volume. ModelCo now has these Party Proof lipsticks ($24 for a set of 3), that have a semi-matte finish that hydrates your lips and provides a lasting pigment. As for hydrating, my lips have been really dry lately so I still put on a lip balm first regardless. But I do feel that the pigment does last a fair amount if time, longer if you are finishing with a gloss top coat.

Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect
This is a sulfate-free leave- in conditioner that protects color and blocks UV Rays. I believe everyone can benefit from a leave-in conditioner and this one retails full size for $32. My favorite is 7 Seconds by Unite, which is a slightly less expensive salon product. Comparable would also be the leave-in by Healthy Sexy Hair, which has a moderate price point.

Whish Exfoliating Body Wash
My extent of use for this one so far is to pop the top and smell it...which, it smells amaze; most likely due to the fact that it is a coconut-rich scrub that brightens and exfoliates with sugar cane and bamboo powder...pretty much everything I look for in a quality exfoliator, so I will be using this bad boy in the next few days. Full size retails for about $20

And finally...

Whish Hair Inhibiting Deoderant Swipes
Now this is certainly something I've never seen before!! These are wipes that not only fight odor like a Deoderant, but also slow hair growth. I really don't know how I feel about these, haha. You "sweep" a wipe across your arm pit in the morning, or whenever you need a refresher throughout the day. Personally, I would just much rather have my Degree take care of that department, but if something works, it works!! We shall indeed see.

Hope everyone had a fabulous summer and is enjoying September so far!! Since I didn't post yesterday I just want to take a minute to remember all those we lost on September 11, 2001. Always in our hearts and never to be forgotten. Stay safe all. Peace and Love.
XO,
J <3.  

No comments:

Post a Comment