Monday, May 23, 2011

Review: Voluminous Millions

It's bright and early Monday morning (to be honest, I haven't gone to sleep yet!), so what better time than any for a product review...Yay! haha. There are sooooo many new products hitting the shelves week after week, so it's always good to know a little bit about the product before you consider buying. The product I'm reviewing today isn't necessary new to shelves, but rather new to me, and I love it so why not offer my review. (The fact I already said I heart this little gem should tell you this is a rave, not a rant). The product I'm offering my opinion/review on: L'Oreal Voluminous Millions Mascara.

If you go through a lot of mascara like I do, or if you like to throw mascara out often to replace then right away this is a rad choice for you. Economically speaking, Voluminous Millions is considered a drugstore brand so it's quite affordable at about $8. If you like high end mascaras, which don't get me wrong I do, but it's always nice to find an affordable alternative that works just as well, if not better, then VM is comparable to Benefit's Bad Gal Lash.

Some sweet points about the VM mascara:
* Doesn't flake or leave fall-out on your face...so at the end of the day, no little black flakes will be speckled underneath your eyes.
* Lenghtens & Volumizes...the word "voluminous" is in the name of the mascara, so volume is of course expected, but this mascara also adds length to your lashes, which is always a plus when selecting a mascara, even if you have longer lashes naturally like I do. (I can't help it, sometimes I do love the false lash look without having to actually apply false lashes).
* Flexible wands...a lot of mascara wands are stiff and have no bend to them, which usually isn't that big of a deal, but I like that the VM wand is made of rubber (as are the bristles) because that little extra bend really lets me get the wand into my lashes, which helps to define and separate them. Believe it or not, the shape of a mascara wand and it's bristles help to determine what the mascara will do for your lashes, not just the actual mascara itself.
* Wipe-off...when you pull the wand out of the tube you will hear a little pucker noise, a little mascara kiss if you will. That is the sound of the wand leaving the small upper portion of the tube, which serves to wipe off any clumps or excess product. This way, you don't have to wipe your wand against the tube and make a mess like with some other mascaras.

See! Lot's of good points as to why you should try this product. It comes in a shiny gold tube so you can't miss it on the shelf! Give it about a week and I bet you'll love it too. Ooh, sidenote: a lot of people worry about clumping with mascara. I haven't had any problems with clumping when using the Voluminous Millions mascara, except for once when I applied waaaay too many coats while playing with it. So if you notice any clumping, don't automatically assume it's your mascara, it may just be that you need to adjust your mascara application process. I find that on average, 2 full coats works beautifully for an everyday look. Is there a product out there you want to see a review on?, let me know!
Have a spectacular Monday...I hear we are having a thunderstorm here later today, and I do love a good thunderstorm ;)

XOXO,
Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment