Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Royal Teeth

I cannot lie, I have been "fan-girling" over a few things lately. I can't help it, I'm smitten with so many great things lately and on that list is the band Royal Teeth. I had heard their first radio single "Wild" months back; it always seem to come on when I was on my way to a mua job, so it quickly became my official car jam. The more I looked into the actual band and their music, the more I began to adore. They had performed locally a couple times before but this past Saturday I had the opportunity to see them at a local club/restaurant. I will try not to go into mounds of details, because believe me I could and would, but it was all amaze!!

I got tickets a month or so in advance, and then a few weeks prior to the show found out that there was an opportunity to win passes to go into soundcheck and meet the band, so I was naturally all over that. I tried and tried and after what seemed like endless "bartering" my husband was able to get me on the list with the help of a local dj. I was ecstatic. We get there for soundcheck, and there was only a handful of people (surprising to me since one, this band rocks, and two, they had given away a considerable amount of passes). When I walked in there they were, on stage, sound checking away. I had the most stupid grin on my face, and I'm sure my husband thought I was out of my mind. Like I said, I am smitten by these people, particularly the 2 main vocalists, Gary and Nora. (pics are on my facebook that I took on my phone, but I'll post a few from my camera with this post). So we listened to the soundcheck and ate some dinner. Well, when I happened to look up, Nora was over at the bar just hanging out. After my husband convinced me I was stupid to not go over and talk to her, that is just what I did. She couldn't have been any nicer and we talked for like 10 minutes before she offered to sign a poster for me.

As she was signing it, the other lead vocalist (**swoon**) Gary appeared. I got to talk to him as well, and I just felt totally in awe.

Eventually the whole band was over and they signed my poster and CD, and I got to get a group photo with everyone.
The show itself was also amaze. There was one guy who opened, but to be honest I don't remember his name, he was local talent. Then The American Authors (another great band discovery) played there set, and then Royal Teeth. I was glad to be right up front in the action, singing along with the songs I already knew and then hearing new songs off their soon-to-be-released album. Of course, when they sang "Wild" that was their biggest hit, with confetti cannon and all!! Gary even came down into the audience with his drum, he was literally so close to me my camera wouldn't focus!



see how close!! Ahh!! xo

He was playing so hard he was breaking drumsticks left and right, so I was lucky enough to also take home a drumstick. I legit felt school girl giddy. Really the only other band I adore adore adore is 311, and they always put on a great, energetic show. Royal Teeth is definitely not short on the energy, or the normalness as people. I am thankful that before the show I got to meet them and talk with some of them; it only solidified my love for them even more. Their EP is out now, and the full length is anticipated to be released in June. They also have great designs on their merchandise, in fact, Nora does a lot of the design work so that's a bonus jonas personal touch you get!!
I'm excited for more music from them and definitely to see them again. If they ever come to your area check them out, or at least pick up a few of their tracks on iTunes. My top 3 right now are: "Stay", "Wild" and their cover of the Knife's "Heartbeats".
Happy Hump Day!!
XO,
J <3.



No comments:

Post a Comment