Thursday, June 13, 2013

Birchbox: Beauty Diaries

     When I got home just now my June Birchbox was waiting at the door!! Then I realized I still never posted my May box!! I'm telling you, my personal and work lives have been insane the past few months, and I can only give thanks to God for getting me through every trial and tribulation. I hope to expand in all areas of my life, but I also need to learn when to say "no", as I tend to take on more than I should at times...about this much-delayed May box though...

**The Contents**
May box contents!!


*BEAUTY PROTECTER
PROTECT & DETANGLE... A detangling elixir for all hair types. It locks in shine while instantly detangling and locking in color. I love the packaging of this little guy!! The product itself is okay, I typically use Unite's leave in conditioner. It's like $22 for a full size bottle, so it's definitely at a higher price point.
How cute is this packaging?!!


*CARGO LIPGLOSS... I love Cargo products so I was glad to see this gloss in my box, and its a pretty big trial size item too. I like this gloss because it's hydrating, not sticky and can be easily layered over any base lip color. A full size tube is $14, which is in the median price range for prestige cosmetics. (You can buy Cargo at Ulta). The shade I received is called "Route 66" and its a pretty, pink-watermelon color (see swatch below).


*CoTZ 
NATURAL SKIN TONE SPF 40... Let me just say, first and foremost, always, ALWAYS, say yes to SPF!! SPF 40 is pretty much my new best friend these days so this product is probably my #1 pick from the May box. Not only is this SPF non-greasy, it also has a tint to it so you are left with a natural looking glow, but with a matte finish. The full size product will run you about $20.

*LA FRESH
ECO-BEAUTY OIL-FREE FACE CLEANSER... I haven't tried this yet, but I've used their moisturizing wipes in the past and really loved them (I do love a good face wipe!!). These are biodegradable if you're environment friendly, as we should all pretty much be. They remove dirt, makeup and other impurities with jojoba oil to be extra moisturizing. 30 wipes is $10, so that's a really good selling point aside from all the good these bad boys are slated to do.

**BONUS JONAS**
An ink pen!! I'm a pen fiend, so I certainly wasn't hating this little extra!!

Hope everyone is having a great week. Its only getting hotter out there so stay cool, literally!!
XO,
J <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment