Thursday, June 27, 2013

Birchbox: Wanderlust.

    Is it really almost the end of June?! Wow. I'll be 5 weeks cancer free tomorrow!! Last weekend my best friend and I took a little time off for a girls day to celebrate the 1 month mark. We got manis/pedis, took a Target trip, ate some yummy food, did a little shopping and got tattoos (I got some Royal Teeth lyrics on side of my leg)... Talk about an amazingly rad day. Speaking of talking...lets talk about the June Birchbox!!
New Box packaging.




**Birchbox + Color Club Wanderlust Collection nail polish**

There were four neon pastel shades released. I received the pastel green one named London Calling...which I was pretty stoked about, one, because it's a lovely shade, and two, I have what you might call a mild obsession with British things. This shade is comparable to Essie's Absolutely Shore and comparable price wise as well since a full size bottle costs $8.

**LAQA & Co Lil' Lip Duo**
This is essentially a lip color that comes in jumbo pencil form. It has a creamy texture when applied and there is a little minty "taste" left behind as a sort of afterthought. The color is actually quite pigmented. I love mine, in a pretty bright rosy pink shade, especially paired with my NARS Easy Lover lip gloss. A full size is $16 for 2, so definitely worth checking out.
**ORIGINS Clear Improvement Active charcoal mask to clear pores**
ORIGINS is always a brand I love to see since I really love their products. I'm a big fan of masks right now so I can't wait to try this out this weekend! It's a white clay and charcoal based mask that tightens your pores and draws out impurities, all while making your skin appear less dull. It's supposed to be a great once a week mask and the full size product retails for $23.

**Oscar de la Renta Something Blue perfume sample**
This is a new scent from Oscar de la Renta, but it smelled really familiar. A lot of designer fragrances carry such similar notes. It starts with notes of mandarin and linden blossom and picks up to notes of bourbon vanilla and white musk. It's definitely a warmer scent, something I would find more wearable for an autumn date night or the like. With a price point ranging from $85-$115, there are other very similar scents at more affordable prices if you are looking for something more economical. 

**ORIGINS GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer**
Another ORIGINS product!! This moisturizer contains ginseng and coffee to combat lack-lustre skin. It's also supposed to make your skin look energized and radiant. Now, I don't know what "energized" skin appears like, but, my skin did have a radiant, dewy gloe! It also felt good, no greasy residue or anything!! Very lightweight and great for everyday use. The full size is $26.50.

****BONUS JONAS****:
Check out my new tattoo!! ((Royal Teeth lyrics))...and make sure to pick up the band's full-length album, "Glow", out this August!!

Check out my Instagram for more pics: jacquelinecxo
Hope everyone has awesome weekend plans in store!!
XO,
J <3.




No comments:

Post a Comment